Join Oxford Sailing Club - How To and How Much
Thank you for your interest in joining Oxford Sailing Club.
What we do:
As well as our strong dinghy racing fleet and established windsurfer group, OSC offers plenty of confidence-building activities aimed at newly-qualified sailors, both adults and youth, as well as those returning to sailing after a gap. Activities are mostly weekday evenings starting in mid-late April. We even have a model yacht group (DragonForce 65). Club Racing currently runs as two races back-to-back on Sundays all year and one on Wednesday evenings from April. If you are a beginner looking for courses please see www.oxfordsasiltraining.org.uk , our RYA training partners at Farmoor.
OSC offers a range of membership subscriptions. There are discounts for young people, students, OAPs and regular safety boat drivers - see below. Please contact the membership team with any questions, but if you are happy to proceed with your application then read on. If you've recently done an RYA Dinghy Level 2 or Start Windsurfing course, a special offer declining in price each month is available - you an see this "RYA Course Attendees" membership on the application page. Please ask email@example.com if in doubt, or if you qualified right at the end of the course season and decided to wait for Spring.
We are a volunteer Club and members do a minimum of two duties per year. Don't worry, we'll teach you what to do. Let us know if you have RYA Powerboat 2 (or above) qualification.
We'd really like you to use the GoCardless Setup link to be found in the "My Payments" section once you've set up an account. GC is a direct debit platform that handles any invoiced payment whether for membership & berths, lockers or windsurf vests or booked sessions and events. The mandate does not operate if there is no invoice, only created only when we initiate your membership, or as a member you renew or book something. As standard, the full amount of the invoice is taken, but for sums over £150, you can select the "instalments" option once you have created the invoice (or tell us to do it for you) and the amount will be chopped into monthly pieces. GC tells you when an invoice is sent to it, tells you when it's going to be debited and marks the invoice as paid, saving admin time and eliminating the need to confirm and tick off invoices. Note that invoices are sent by us from the membership platform to GC once or twice a month, so debit often won't be immediate. You can still pay BACS for lager payments if you must, but if you are booking sessions you'll need GC anyway. Payment issues are always BACS-related, not GC. For a full year, GC instalment collections are over 11 months - there is no March collection (renewals open in March for the new season from 1 April).
Take the three steps to join:
1) Register to create an account or login to your account. If it's a Youth (U18) account, please use their name but parent/guardian contact details - we can't process memberships for Youth without details of a responsible adult. Each profile needs a separate email address but we can make it so that you can handle bookings for more than one person from one login and one GoCardless mandate - you just need to tell us.
2) Enter your postal and email address and 'phone number, and select a membership type;
3) Tell us what your main interest is and what certification or experience level you have (sailing, windsurfing, powerboat, first aid, so we can ensure you get sailing/windsurfing at the right level and introduce you to the right groups and activities and make the most of your skills. Tell us if you have electrical, plumbing and other skills useful on-site.
4) Submit your application and await approval and then confirmation and invoicing. Make sure you've done the GoCardless setup. Once membership is confirmed, please add to your profile an "In Case Of Emergency" next of kin name and number, a rough date of birth and change the default contact setting to "Members" from "Private", which means other members can contact you regarding duties etc.
|Membership Subscriptions for the New Season 1 April 2023 - 31 March 2024 |
*See Notes Below!
|Full Subscription Charge|
|Student or Under 25||£120|
|Youth (U18 on 1 April)||£57|
|RYA Course Attendees||£240 from beginning of season - decreasing by £20 per month|
|Family (State Pension Age)||£200|
|Individual (State Pension Age)||£162|
|Safety boat: 10 duties||£58|
|Safety boat (Family)||£118|
|*Those wishing to sail model boats will pay the Concessionary membership fee.|
|Frostbite Series||Requires our approval.|
|(1st Jan to 31st March)||The fee per boat, including boat berth, is £85 (£65 without berth)|
|Other Fees||Cost per year|
|Unsecured boat park berth||£72.50|
|Windsurf Vest Deposits||£25, returnable within 1 year of leaving the Club on production of vest.|
|Note: Members must exchange (free) their previous season vest for the new season colour via the club office on Sundays in April or by arrangement with the Windsurf Secretary.|
- 1. Existing members renewing receive a 5% discount on the above figures if they initiate payment (i.e. create an invoice and pay, or arrange payment) before 1 April. If you are a new members joining over the winter, fees will be pro-rata based on the 2022-23 season fees.
- 2. Members or joiners paying by GoCardless direct debit (see "My Payments" when logged in), may choose to settle their invoice over 11 instalments finishing in February 2023. No standing orders will be accepted.
- 3. Prices will be set at 95% of the full price until 1 April. New joiners in March/ April will therefore pay a joining fee to the value of the 5% discount.
- 4. If you will be booking coached sessions such as Pirates, Pay & Play, Zoomers and Farmoor Flyers, you must have a GoCardless mandate set up.
- 5. Pro-rata discounts will be available from 1 September 2023, and for those joining from January - March 2024. 6. Car Park Season Tickets are now available from Thames Water for £15/year to OSC members, valid for 12 months from purchase from the TW Rangers' Office. Car parking is not managed by the Club. Standard exit ticket will be £2, first 45 minutes free.
Last updated 18:46 on 26 March 2023
Login > or Create an account >