Joining Oxford Sailing Club
Thank you for your interest in joining Oxford Sailing Club.
The Club is applying some practical Covid-19 rules but toilets and changing rooms are open to members. The Clubhouse and Waterside Café are also open. We have a very supportive membership who have been a massive help in finding practical solutions to maintain social distancing and limit contamination risk, and are really happy to contemplate a full season on the water.
As well as our strong dinghy racing fleet and established windsurfer group, OSC offers plenty of confidence-building activities aimed at newly-qualified sailors, both adults and youth, as well as those returning to sailing after a gap. Activities are mostly weekday evenings starting in mid-late April. We even have a model yacht group (DragonForce 65). Club Racing currently runs as two races back-to-back on Sundays and one on Wednesday evenings from April. If you are a beginner looking for courses please see www.oxfordsasiltraining.org.uk , our RYA training partners at Farmoor.
OSC offers a range of membership subscriptions. There are discounts for young people, students, OAPs and regular safety boat drivers - see below. Please contact the membership team with any questions, but if you are happy to proceed with your application then read on.
You can pay by online by direct debit (our preferred method) using the GoCardless Setup link, either as a one off payment or, for full annual subscriptions, monthly (select the "instalments" option once you have created the invoice). You can also select BACS for upfront payments, but these require manual tracking, versus the automated receipting that GoCardless offers. Note that the mandate only operates when you confirm a renewal, make a session booking or we process your joining subscription or we renew on your behalf (before which we'll try to contact you if you are late renewing).
Take the three steps to join:
1) Register to create an account or login to your account;
2) Enter your postal and email address and 'phone number, and select a membership type;
3) Submit your application and await confirmation and payment options. The GoCardless setup (direct debit) route is our preferred payment method. Once membership is confirmed, please add to your profile an In Case Of Emergency name and number, a rough date of birth and change the default contact setting to "Members" from "Private".
Full Subscriptions for the New Season 1 April 2022 - 31 March 2023 *See Notes Below!
Safety Boat Individual (10 duties)
Safety Boat Family
Concessionary & Model Boat Club
- 1. Existing members renewing receive a 5% discount on the above figures if they initiate payment (i.e. create an invoice and pay, or arrange payment via direct debit) before 1 April
- 2. Members or joiners paying by Direct Debit (only) using the GoCardless setup link, may choose to settle their invoice over 11 instalments finishing in February 2023. No standing orders will be accepted.
- 3. Prices will be set at 95% of the full price until 1 April. New joiners in March/ April will therefore pay a joining fee to the value of the 5% discount.
- 4. If you will be booking coached sessions such as Pirates, Pay & Play, Zoomers and Farmoor Flyers, you must use the GoCardless setup link to set up a direct debit,
- 5. Pro-rata discounts will be available from 1 September 2022, and for those joining from January - March 2022.
- 6. Other Annual Fees & Deposits
- a. Berth £67.50
- b. Windsurf board locker £77.50 (Youth associates £39)
- c. Valuables locker £11.00
- d. Car Park Swipe Card £ 5.00
- e. Windsurf Vest £25.00 deposit, repayable if vest returned within 12 months of resignation. Members should exchange (free) their last season vest for the new season colour when the Club office is open on Sundays, or by arrangement with the Windsurf Secretary.
Last updated 15:30 on 5 January 2022