Joining Oxford Sailing Club
Thank you for your interest in joining Oxford Sailing Club.
The Club is still subject to Covid-19 restrictions and is now in a phased opening schedule (toilets open but no changing rooms etc.) We have a very supportive membership who have been a massive help in finding practical solutions to maintain social distancing and limit contamination risk, and are really happy to be back on the water again.
As well as our strong dinghy racing fleet and established windsurfer group, OSC offers plenty of confidence-building activities aimed at new sailors, both adults and youth, as well as those returning to sailing after a gap. We even have a model yacht group (DragonForce 65). Club Racing has restarted subject to being able to staff race crews and safety boats.
OSC offers a range of membership subscriptions. There are discounts for young people, students, OAPs and regular safety boat drivers - see below. Please contact the membership team with any questions, but if you are happy to proceed with your application then read on. We are extending our membership year by a month to 30 April 2021. This is to give our members a free month as lockdown compensation. If you join before then, you'll pay a fee to make up the month difference.
You can pay by online by direct debit (our preferred method) as a one off payment or for full annual subscriptions monthly (select the "instalments" option once you have created the invoice). You can also select BACS for upfront payments.
Take the three steps to join:
1) Register to create an account or login to your account;
2) Enter your postal and email address and 'phone number, and select a membership type;
3) Submit your application and await confirmation and payment options. Once membership is confirmed, please add to your profile an In Case Of Emergency name and number, a rough date of birth and change the default contact setting to "Members" from "Private".
Subscriptions for the New Season 1 May 2021 - 31 March 2022 *See Notes Below!
Safety Boat Individual (10 duties)
Safety Boat Family
Concessionary & Model Boat Club
- 1. Members renewing sail for free in April as the old membership year has been extended to 30 April. They will also receive a 5% discount on the above figures if they initiate payment (i.e. create an invoice and pay, or arrange payment via direct debit) before 1 May.
- 2. Members or joiners paying by Direct Debit (only) may choose to settle their invoice over 10 instalments finishing in February 2022. No standing orders will be accepted.
- 3. Joiners in March/ April will pay a joining fee to the value of the 5% discount and the free month.
- 4. Pro-rata discounts will be available from 1 September 2021
- 5. Other Annual Fees & Deposits
- a. Berth £65
- b. Windsurf board locker £75 (Youth associates £37)
- c. Valuables locker £10.50
- d. Car Park Swipe Card £ 5.00
- e. Windsurf Vest £25.00 deposit, repayable if vest returned within 12 months of resignation. Members should exchange (free) their last season vest for the new season colour when the Club office is open on Sundays, or by arrangement with the Windsurf Secretary.
Last updated 15:55 on 11 April 2021