Live from Gruissan France, Team Farmoor does us proud
Published 17:10 on 20 May 2023
Défi Wind, THE windsurfing marathon
Every year for 20 years, at the Défi Wind, riders from all over the planet meet in Gruissan for the high mass of sail and wind. With 1800 participants, the défis are today qualified as the biggest windsurfind events in the world.
An unprecedented challenge, an intense sporting performance because it is organised over one of the longest distances in competition: 40Km! If the defiers compete in all the rounds, they will have covered 320 km during the competitions, a madness! Impossible for you to miss such a spectacle between the beach of the chalets and the Mediterranean!
Now, live from France Sean Constable reporting for the team
Hi All from the Defi Wind...
What an incredible event, if you haven't considered it I suggest you should, nowhere else do amateurs of all levels get to sail with the professionals as you do here. The atmosphere is fantastic, all levels of competence are treated the same and you get to party every night!
Be warned 40 km is a long way on the water, and you do need to be windsurfing fit, I don't think I have experienced anything quite like it as a workout.
If you are wondering Alice and Rafferty were members of the club and did their team 15 as a part of Zoomers and so we feel we can claim their performance for the club! (Rafferty and Scotty Stallman have been hanging out with us well, very charming of the youngsters)
Best Times and places
- Sean Constable: 1hr 6mins, 845th (mid table mediocrity my goal !)
- Paul Kearns: 53 mins 23 seconds, 498th (top 500! Incredible performance)
- Frazer Edminson: 1hr 28 minutes, 985th ( in the top 1000 , a man who has been windsurfing for two years!)
- James West: 1hr 11 minutes, 904th great performance once on the right kit
- Rafferty Read: 41 minutes 46 seconds , 151st unbelievable performance from a man who was asleep on the sofa and not rigged 20 minutes before the start.
- Alice Read: 38 minutes 35 seconds , 75th place overall, 3rd female contestant what a performance !
Regards all Sean
Last updated 11:17 on 4 February 2024